Hi everyone! We hope everyone had an amazing holiday break and ready to move forward into 2016 with those (*fake) new year resolutions (not entirely, hopefully)! With the new year, comes some few changes to our podcast, in order to make your listening experience with our show even better! Well that and there are a few changes to our team for the new year as well.
1. Our long time host, Tim, will be leaving his hosting position on Japan Top 10 because of academic commitments that override his abilities to continue as a host on the show. BUT no worries, he’s actually not technically leaving us. He will now be our sales manager for both of our shows, mainly in charge of advertising of our podcasting shows (email him at email@example.com if you are interested in advertising on our show). In lieu of this, our current internal staff, Amy, will now be transferred over as an on-host to join everyone else on the regular top 10 episodes, starting in the new year! As she already guest hosted an episode in the past, I am sure you guys will get to know her very soon!
2. Our internal staff member, Esther, will also be leaving us because of work related commitments. We are still working on finding a staff member who can succeed her position for our podcast. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in creating and helping out in our internal work for the podcast.
3. The extra songs on the regular top 10 episodes will now be expanded to include a lot more categories! There will still be 3 extra songs per regular episode, however, the categories for each episode will differ and vary. Some of these new categories include:
- Anime Extra- still the same as the current anime extra; an anime track
- 80’s/90’s Flashback- similar to the current J-Pop Flashback; a song from the 80’s or 90’s decade
- 2000’s J-Pop Throwback- similar to the current J-Pop Flashback; a song from 2000-2015 (from this century)
- J-Rock Pick- renamed from the current J-Rock Extra (no changes to the meaning); a current or past J-Rock song
- Idols Inclusion- NEW category, a song from an Idols group
- Boy Band Bonus- NEW category, a song from a Japanese boy band group
- Visual Kei Discovery- branched off the current J-Rock Extra; a song from a Visual Kei group
- Listener Request- still the same as the current listener request category; a song request from a listener, normally one that does not fit with any of these song categories
- Vocaloid Favorite- NEW category, a vocaloid song
- Indie Breakthrough- NEW category, a song from a current Japanese indie artist/band
- Japanese K-Pop Extra- NEW category, a Japanese song from a K-Pop group/artist
Please note that this is not a full list of all our extra song categories and may become subjected to change at any point in time. Any of these 3 song categories can become picked on a regular top 10 episode. Remember, you can request a song from any of these categories!
4. Special episodes will now run throughout the year, with one special episode replacing one regular episode, on a bi-monthly basis. This is to help us spread out our specially themed episodes throughout the year and not have our listeners wait in between periods to hear niche themed genres. Winter and summer time specials will continue to run, but with significantly less episodes. Depending on the period, we won’t be featuring more than 5 specially themed episodes during the winter/summer time specials. Our first specially themed episode will be released in February this year (and the next one in April, etc…). The regular top 10 hosts will be rotating around to host each specially themed episode.
5. Want t-shirts with our logo on it? We’re set to give away a few t-shirts with our logo on it! Stay tuned in January to find out how you can win some FREE t-shirts!
That’s about it! If you have any concerns or questions regarding anything we mentioned, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or message us on Facebook and we’ll promptly reply back.
-Producer Jack December 29, 2015.