A little about myself:
Hi, my name is Eric! I am an actor and writer originally from Texas ( Howdy y’all!!), although I now call the Mid West my home. I’m an anime fan, FLCL and Beck being two of my favorites, and will occasionally get hopelessly addicted to shojo mangas like Nana and Honey and Clover. When I’m not delving into the world of Japanese pop culture, I am either cooking, playing video games or watching lots (and lots) of pro wrestling.
Favorite J-pop/J-rock Artists: Asian Kung-Fu Generation, The Beat Crusaders, Gackt, Babymetal, Hikaru Utada, Angela Aki.
10 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
I would love to interview a band like Midori about their influences and how they go about combining jazz and punk the way they do.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
I would choose PPAP. I mean it’s a real story song, a complete masterwork.
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
Tonkatsu with cabbage
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
I really enjoy bands from mid 80s to 90s. Specifically punk bands like the blue hearts.
5. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
Not JPop but it was Tool
6. Most memorable or enjoyable podcast episode you have participated in so far?
Really enjoyed the viral music episode.
7. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would eat my way through Okinawa, see how the cuisine differs. I’d also want to see daikanransha in the winter.
8. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
9. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
I would search for Famicon gear and wrestling video games
10. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?