A little about myself: Hello Everyone! My name is Erin, and I’m extremely excited to be a host on Japan Top 10. My love for Japan and Japanese music started the same as it does with many Westerners: through Anime. However, as time went on, this love turned into a much deeper respect and understanding for the country, culture, and language responsible for my favourite kind of music and television. I’m very happy to have the opportunity to spread my love for Japanese music and culture with people all over the world, and to be part of a family of like minded people including the staff here at JTop10, and you dear listener!
10 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
I would love to interview RADWIMPS. I’d ask them to teach me the magic behind their music, like their song writing process and lyrics writing tips.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
Oh boy… I’d listen to Purin Purin the whole way. At least that song is about pudding. Hopefully I’d be able to find my friend another way to get home though haha.
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
I love all food, and I go through phases where I have different favorites. Currently, my favorite Japanese dish is Okonomiyaki.
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
Anything from the 90’s! I love that bassy sound.
5. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
My first concert was for Walk off the Earth. Buy my first concert where I saw a Japanese artist was seeing Miyavi in 2018
6. Most memorable or enjoyable podcast episode you have participated in so far?
I’ve only just joined, but i’m sure all of them will be a lot of fun to work on!
7. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would love to go to Fukushima. There are a lot of beautiful hot springs there that I would love to relax in. There’s also a lot of great food, and they have a fox village!
8. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
I’m a sucker for Sailormoon, but one of my favorite anime of all time would be Nichijou.
9. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
I would buy loads of manga, figma figures, pokemon merchandise and possibly some really nerdy shirts.
10. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?
I would love to see The Reign of Kindo collaborate with a Japanese musician. The Reign of Kindo has some amazing chord progressions and lyrics and I think having them collar