A little about myself: Hello I’m Hayley. I live in a very small ordinary little town in the east of the UK. I really fell for Japanese music because I grew up watching anime and horror movies (the best ones being Japanese and Korean), which lead to my mild obsession with the Japanese bands. My taste is mostly pop-rock based, as I love trying to play guitar and bass myself. I studied art and design and creative writing and always managed to lead my work towards Japanese creators as inspiration. I found Jtop10 on a search for new music to listen to while a drew. I’m really happy to be a part of the team. thank you.
Favorite J-pop Artists (with J-rock because I couldn’t help myself): Luna Haruna, The Hoopers, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, L’arc-en-Ciel, LiSA, Mika Nakashima, Breakerzs, Puffy Shoes, SID, MIYAVI, Wanima, Acid Black Cherry, The Leaps, Mutant Monster, Vamps, Gazette, BiSH… est
9 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
There are so many artists I would want to talk to, just to understand how they come up with their ideas and what they’re like as people. I’d love to find out the things that they’re currently passionate about or something that made them laugh till they cried. I think someone like LiSA would be really friendly.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
Aaah….can I really not just walk? please, not ppap though…
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
I’m a vegetarian so that restricts things a little. I like a lot of vegetable soba dishes but steam buns, Ichigo Daifuku, and Taiyaki always make me hungry.
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
If not right now then I’d probably say the sort of early 2000’s. I love alt- pop and rock at that time. Lots of my favorite songs were released then, including people like Stereopony and Hyde.
5. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
I think it was Megadeth, well Metallica but Megadeth were on first. I just remember a white guitar and curly blonde hair.
6. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
Ooh, maybe Amami Oshima Island. I love the coast, just looking at the ocean makes me happy and walking under tree’s, though mostly when it’s raining…I’m little odd or just very British that way.
7. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
That’s so tough to choose. I loved early Bleach and also Black Butler but then Death Note, and there’s Assassination Classroom, Re-zero, Madoka Magica and Psycho-Pass are up there too. I can’t decide.
8. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
Honestly probably figures and clothes for my two sisters.
9. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?
A few bands I love like Chvches and Starset already have. Maybe Slotface or Dodie would be good, or Christine and the Queens would be amazing.