A little about myself: Hi there! My name is Hiroki and I’m an audio editor for Japan Top 10. I’m in Toronto and enjoying music with my friends from many different countries and also I sometimes play instruments in some bands in Tokyo and Toronto. Many kinds of Asian music from Japanese 80s city pop to latest Korean electro pop are very popular in many countries nowadays and I hope I can spread Japanese music cultures as a member of Japan Top 10.
Some Favorite JPOP Artists: I can’t choose!
10 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
I’d like to ask someone in Artist of Month episodes of Jtop10.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
It’s hard to listen to one song repeatedly even if the song is great and I would turn off the volume as possible.
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
I like dumpling.
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
Every decades has interesting taste and I love all of them.
5. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
6. Most memorable or enjoyable podcast episode you have participated in so far?
English studying program in many years ago. I can’t remember the name and not sure it’s still broadcasting. Maybe I can’t say ‘enjoyable’ because it is simple studying program but I sometimes remember the host’s voice and the memories around the time and it is very memorable.
7. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would choose whole Kansai area and I would like to feel their unique cultures and try some foods.
8. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
I don’t usually follow the series but I used to watch Tom & Jerry.
9. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
I’d like to go thrift stores, try maid cafe and go to ramen restaurant.
10. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?
Carole King and Tulip.