A little about myself:
Hello! My name is Jason, and I am an audio editor at Japan’s Top 10. Japanese culture has always been an integral part of my life ever since I have watched anime. The first anime series I watched was Naruto and the opening ブルーバード (Blue Bird) by Ikimonogakari had me hooked on J-pop music.
I am a big fan of vocaloid music and utaite, some of my favorite composers/musicians are Eve, Yoasobi, Mafumafu, Ado, Dazbee, Yorushika and Deco*27.
If you know any good J-pop music, feel free to send an email to my jtop10 account and I will definitely give it a listen!
10 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
I would interview Marie Ueda and ask her why isn’t she releasing any more music these days.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
PPAP and dance all the way home.
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
Now! There are so many emerging artists every day, I can’t keep up anymore.
5. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would visit Kanagawa to go the hot springs with my friend.
6. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
Chainsawman but that isn’t out yet!
7. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
Spend the money visiting Comiket.
10. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?