A little about myself:
Hello! My name is Miyabi and I’m a host on Japan Top 10. I found the podcast when I wanted to exchange more thoughts of Japanese music & culture with others after I initiated a live house in Toronto.
I was born and raised in Japan for a few years. My earliest memory of Japanese music is the song「世界に一つだけの花」by SMAP and「Blue Bird」by Ayumi Hamasaki from my dad’s old phone, so I totally grow up with J-pop. I fell in love with ARASHI’s music two years ago and became a super fan of Johnny’s Entertainment.
Favourite Jpop/Jrock musicians: ARASHI (BEST EVER!), Suda Masaki, Yonezu Kenshi, LiSA, Aimyon, Indigo la end, King Gnu, Awesome City Club, Official Hige Dandism, Boku no Lyric no Boyomi, GReeeeN, Tokyo Incidents, Hoshino Gen
Guilty pleasure music: Everything of Johnny’s Entertainment
10 random questions about yourself:
- If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
I would definitely interview Suda Masaki if I have a chance and I’d ask him about the clothes he designs at home.
- You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
I may choose the Ninomiya Kazunari’s cover version of PPAP because I could listen to ARASHI’s voice as background music forever.
- What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
- What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
1990s – 2020s
- What’s the first concert you ever attended?
I haven’t been to any concert of Japanese artist, but I’ll give my first try for Suda Masaki.
- Most memorable or enjoyable podcast episode you have participated in so far?
- If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would go to USJ for fun and Keio University to see the students’ life there.
- Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
Banana Fish, Bungo Stray Dogs, Noragami, Gangsta, Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace Assassination Classroom
- If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
I don’t think I’d spend such amount of money at Akihabara, but I would buy the soundtracks and the manga of the anime I love.
- What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?