A little about myself: Hello fellow Jtop10 listeners! My name is Tommy and I’m the Audio Editor here at JTop10. I am a Music Producer based in Toronto. I grew up listening to Japanese Pop/Rock music all the way back in my teen years listening to anime theme songs, reading visual novels, and playing Bemani games like Beatmania and Pop’n. Nowadays I’m writing or producing songs, eating food, and watching movies/shows on Netflix.
Favorite J-pop Artists: J-Pop artist – Utada Hikaru, J-Composer – Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger), J-Band(s) – Dir en grey, Do as Infinity
Sound Cloud: soundcloud.com/tommy-rei
10 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
I would much rather enjoy having riveting conversations with all the members of Dir En Grey, and then go out drinking with them.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
Purin Purin because I actually like the composition of the song. Then I put the volume to lowest and try to sleep for the next 11 hours.
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
Tsukemen with any kind of yakiniku on the side. I enjoy eating natto on rice with an egg on top from time to time.
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
1990s to mid 2000s.
5. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
Guns and Roses. As for first Japanese act, Dir En Grey.
6. Most memorable or enjoyable podcast episode you have participated in so far?
N/A, Im new here. Answer under construction.
7. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would start off my journey in Sapporo exploring all over Hokkaido and its many sceneries and eating and then finish in Osaka, exploring its many sceneries and eating.
8. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
One Punch Man, Gurren Lagann.
9. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
Spend it all on cafes, maid, themed, trendy, it doesn’t matter.
10. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?
Babymetal with Post Malone, it could work out.