A little about myself:
Hello Everyone! I am Andy! I have been interested in Japanese music and culture ever since I did an exchange program to Japan in high school. From that experience I made it my goal to one day come back to live in Japan one day. So, I started studying Japanese and now I am back in Japan working. At the time I was just introduced to groups like SMAP and Arashi and almost immediately grew to love Jpop. My interest only grew and as I started to find more resources for learning about new music I discovered JTop10. I am excited to be apart of the team and look forward to sharing some amazing music with everyone listening! Thanks!
Some Favorite JPOP Artisits: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Suiyoubi no Campanella, SMAP, tofubeats, m-flo, Sakamoto Maaya, SHISHAMO, etc.
10 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
I would love to interview 水曜日のカンパネラ! I would ask them about their interest in making music about fairy tales and their unique fashion.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
Purin Purin all the way. Working at a school in Japan ruined PPAP for me forever. I shall never be the same.
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
Oddly enough it’s Japanese style pickles. I don’t think that is super satisfying as an answer but they are just too good!
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
90’s for sure!
5. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
It was Christina Agulara when I was in middle school.
6. Most memorable or enjoyable podcast episode you have participated in so far?
Ethel and my’s collaboration on boy bands the first time! The second was great too but the first was just pretty magical.
7. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would go to visit my friend in Hokkaido! I think we would eat a lot of ice cream and cheese and maybe go to an onsen!
8. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
I am drawing a blank…I would have to say that I really enjoyed the first season of Mob Psycho 100.
9. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
I would go to sponsored cafes, like the Square Enix Cafe or the pop-up Sailor Moon Cafe and spend away!
10. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?
I think I would enjoy an Ariana Grande x Yasutaka Nakata collaboration!