A little about myself:
Hello, my name is Nola. I am a content producer with Japan Top 10.
I discovered Japanese music in junior high school through video games and anime and was inspired to start learning Japanese to learn more about my favourite artists. When I studied abroad in Tokyo, my favourite pastime was going to a “live house” where independent musicians of all genres showcased their music. I enjoy volunteering with live music events, anime conventions, and Japanese cultural festivals in Toronto to learn more about new artists and connect with fellow fans.
I like to research information about artists, composers, interviews, music videos, and concerts. I hope that overseas fans can learn more about Japanese music and Japanese artists can connect with listeners in different countries in the future.
Favourite Jpop/Jrock musicians: kz (livetune), Daisuke Asakura, SATSUKI-UPDATE, MYTH&ROID, Yosuke Sakanoue, Tadashi Hirosawa, CASCADE, Marpril, UVERworld, Official HIGE DANdism, T.M.Revolution, LISA, ONE OK ROCK, ClariS, Mayu Maeshima, Akai Ko-en
Guilty pleasure music: access, THE IDOLM@STER
10 random questions about yourself:
1. If you can interview any JTop 10 artist/band, who would you like to interview and what would you ask them?
Yutaka Ozaki – He has passed on, but I would want to know how he stayed motivated and performed energetic live performances at a young age despite his health issues.
2. You really need a 12 hour car ride with your annoying friend to get from college to home. He says only if you allow him to play PPAP or Purin Purin on repeat the whole trip. Which song would you choose and why?
I think I could deal with PPAP but I would try to convince the friend to play some remixes.
3. What’s your favorite Japanese dish?
4. What’s your favorite decade for Japanese music?
Late 90s to mid 2000s
5. What’s the first concert you ever attended?
The earliest I can remember is the Rolling Stones’ SARS concert in 2003. My first Japanese concert was KOTOKO in 2006.
6. Most memorable or enjoyable podcast episode you have participated in so far?
I am a brand new member, so I am looking forward to participating in my first podcast.
7. If you got free an all inclusive 7 day trip vacation to any part of Japan, where would you choose and what would you choose to do?
I would want to go to Okinawa to get a shisa souvenir, eat goya chanpuru, and play beach volleyball.
8. Best anime series you have ever followed or seen?
Yu Yu Hakusho.
9. If you got 1000 USD to spend at Akihabara, what would you buy?
Exhibition tickets, art books, dojin circle CDs, mobile game concert DVDs, anime figures, and coffee.
10. What western artist/band would you love to see collaborate with a Japanese musician?
Nine Inch Nails.